Saturday, September 29, 2018

Review: A Simple Favor

A Simple Favor A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



View all my reviews




This book may have been 2.5 stars for me. It started out well, but it could have been done much better.


Stephanie, Stephanie, oh.....Stephanie. I really hoped she would learn and grow as a character. I mean, really? Why was she written as such a naive woman? She knew that Sean and Emily used her to commit insurance fraud, yet she fell for Emily's lies, AGAIN. She was also unbearably self-centered. For someone with a mom blog, she sure didn't focus on her own son all that much. Not to mention the disgusting part of her backstory.

Emily. Emily was a great character. A villain, yes, but a great character. She was diabolical and fun to read. She was the only thing that kept the story and the plot going. She was also the most believable character somehow.

Sean was basically just window dressing and a pawn for Emily. Not much to read there.

Also, the ending was lackluster and boring. I think it was intended that you imagine your own ending, but it really didn't tie up enough loose ends to be satisfying.

The movie....I'm sure they aren't going to put the one thing in the movie, but it kind of plays an integral part to the story where Emily needs that info for blackmail purposes.




No comments:

Post a Comment