Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Places I Like To Buy Books

http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/

This week's topic was Top Ten Bookstores/Libraries I've Always Wanted to Visit. I have changed it up a bit to include places I like to buy books from as well as a few at the end that I would like to visit someday in the future.



1. Goodwill - This is the closest thing I have locally to a used bookstore. I go to Goodwill quite frequently to buy my books and you can't beat their prices.

2. Barnes and Noble - Enough Said.

3. Amazon - Need I say more?

4. Boulder Bookstore, Boulder Colorado: My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Colorado and we went shopping in downtown Boulder. We stumbled across this bookstore and I had to go inside. I highly recommend this bookstore if you are in the area. There are also a lot of other shops and restaurants to visit close by.

5. Books Revisited. This bookstore is located roughly 1 hour's drive away from me. My sister also lives in the same city, so I do pop in here from time to time.

6. Garage Sales - I have bought quite a few books over the years at garage sales and yard sales.

7. Books and coffee cups. I have not gotten a chance to visit this one, but I plan to soon.

8. Once Read Book Store - This is also a store that I have yet to visit. I was actually unaware of it until I did a google search for this post.

9. Half Price Books - Would you believe I have actually never stepped foot in a Half Price Books? I really need to change that soon.

10. The Strand - If I ever make it to New York, I would make it a point to stop here.

10 comments:

  1. I've bought books at Goodwill, too! It's always fun to see what they have in stock.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your twist on this week's TTT post!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/10/top-ten-tuesday-bookstores-ive-visited.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding old paperbacks at garage sales or antiquey type stores. Or stumbling on a good used bookstore. And of course B&N is always awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I forgot one. There is a place called Paperback Palace in Rochester, MN. I go there if I'm in town for family member's medical things. It is wall to wall used paperbacks. The owner can't keep up with the donations rolling in.

      Delete
    2. Oh I love used bookstores like that- I can spend hours! We've lost a few good used bookstores around here the last few years. That place sounds fantastic!

      Delete
  4. I am just a short ride to NYC, so I have actually been to The Strand (and B&N of course). I don't usually read physical books, but it's awesome that you have so many places to find second hand books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes! I love your list. I love looking through the bookshelves at Goodwill. People give all kinds of wonderful books away and you can find them for so inexpensive there! I obviously also love Amazon. There's a brick and mortar Amazon Book Store in my area and its the COOLEST.

    This week I did my TTT on Trinity College in Dublin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit Barnes and Noble and The Strand!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/16/top-ten-tuesday-181/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to admit I love to look at the books in Goodwill - you never know what you're going to find. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish someone would just organize them better :)

      Delete